The 2019 Virginia Beach Polar Plunge will be held on Saturday February 2, 2019 and the State Council will host a hospitality room on the second floor of the Hilton Hotel from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
Since the founding of Special Olympics 50 years ago The Knights of Columbus has had a unique partnership with the Special Olympics and has helped disabled athletes train for and compete in games around the world. Knights of Columbus councils have assisted with all aspects of the program from fundraising to feeding the athletes, organizing and judging events, and providing equipment and awards. Without the support of the Knights, participants would not be able to train for the events that they love.
80 percent of the plunge donations come in during the last two weeks so if you act now you will easily make your goal.
- Appoint a team captain
- Team captain creates the ‘Team Page’ following the attached instructions
- Recruit individual council members to join the team following the attached instructions
- Team members solicit donations from friends, family, companies, etc.
- Make a hotel reservation at a participating hotel for members to change clothes etc. (raise $750.00 and get a free room night)
- Go to this link for lots of information http://polarplunge.com/vabeach/
- If you need help or have questions email Kelly Mortensen, PSD at firstname.lastname@example.org, cell 804-651-3772