Yes, it is all the rage these days – On-Line Membership! There is a good reason for this – it works! Since its inception, we have brought in many new Knights in Virginia.
Many of these members have already joined councils – the others are primed and ready for your call.
Check out the Supreme video about online membership at https://vimeo.com/spiritjuice/review/275286077/7918f15f39.
This fraternal year’s Annual Meeting of the Virginia State Council, otherwise known as “The Convention”, will take place from Friday May 3rd to Sunday May 5th 2014 at the Hyatt Dulles Hotel in Herndon.
An exciting weekend is planned…….
Learn more from the Mid Year Meeting Presentation
Convention Information & Forms
The 2019 Virginia Beach Polar Plunge will be held on Saturday February 2, 2019 and the State Council will host a hospitality room on the second floor of the Hilton Hotel from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
Since the founding of Special Olympics 50 years ago The Knights of Columbus has had a unique partnership with the Special Olympics and has helped disabled athletes train for and compete in games around the world. Knights of Columbus councils have assisted with all aspects of the program from fundraising to feeding the athletes, organizing and judging events, and providing equipment and awards. Without the support of the Knights, participants would not be able to train for the events that they love.
80 percent of the plunge donations come in during the last two weeks so if you act now you will easily make your goal.
- Appoint a team captain
- Team captain creates the ‘Team Page’ following the attached instructions
- Recruit individual council members to join the team following the attached instructions
- Team members solicit donations from friends, family, companies, etc.
- Make a hotel reservation at a participating hotel for members to change clothes etc. (raise $750.00 and get a free room night)
- Go to this link for lots of information http://polarplunge.com/vabeach/
- If you need help or have questions email Kelly Mortensen, PSD at email@example.com, cell 804-651-3772